Advanced (four week course)
Prerequisite: Intermediate Class
Dogs must demonstrate an ability to ignore other dogs in close proximity while walking on a loose leash.
A 30 second Sit Stay and 1 Minute Down Stay with distractions is required.
For friendly dogs with a very good understanding of basic commands, this class increases skills required for interacting appropriately in a wide variety of social settings.
This class highlights:
- Ignoring increasingly higher attractions and concentrating on you
- Precision heeling on leash in a variety of situations
- Precision heeling off leash in a variety of situations
- Increasing the duration/distraction of Sit, Down and Stand
- Distance cues for Sit, Down and Stand
- Coming promptly and ignoring a variety of attractions when called
- Incorporating all behaviours learned in previous levels while heeling